In late September, the Object Management Group held its quarterly meeting in Cambridge, MA. As an international standards consortium, OMG attracts members from all over the world, so it was no surprise that approximately 25% of attendees arrived from overseas.
At the meeting, the OMG Board of Directors (BOD) approved five standards and two submissions. They are: Archetype Modeling Language, Interface Definition Language (IDL) 4.0, CISQ Source Code Reliability Measure 1.0, CISQ Source Code Performance Efficiency Measure 1.0, CISQ Source Code Maintainability Measure 1.0, Essence 1.1 and Financial Instrument Global Identifier™ 1.0.
In other BOD-related news, OMG elected two new members to the BOD - James D. Baker, Ambassador, Sparx Systems Pty Ltd. and Elisa Kendall, Partner, Thematix Partners LLC, In addition, six OMG representatives who have held Board seats were re-elected to the Board of Directors:
- Djenana Campara, CEO, KDM Analytics
- Ben Calloni, Lockheed Martin Fellow, Lockheed Martin
- Cory Casanave, President and CEO, Model Driven Solutions
- Larry Johnson, Principal, TethersEnd Consulting
- Anish Karmarkar, Senior Architect, Oracle
- Ron Zahavi, Sr. Enterprise Strategist, CTO, Business Architect, Microsoft
We look forward to seeing many familiar and new faces at the next OMG TC meeting in La Jolla, CA, USA from December 7-11, 2015. So start planning now! For more information, please visit the La Jolla TC meeting page at https://www.omg.org/news/meetings/tc/ca-15/info.htm
See you in December!