The Cloud Standards Customer Council (CSCC) is an end-user advocacy group dedicated to accelerating cloud's successful adoption, and drilling down into the standards, security and interoperability issues surrounding the transition to the cloud. The Council provides cloud users with the opportunity to drive client requirements into standards development organizations and deliver materials such as best practices and use cases to assist other enterprises.
In 2013, the CSCC worked to lower the barriers for widespread adoption of cloud computing by helping to prioritize key interoperability issues and provide practical guidance to cloud customers in areas such as cloud service agreements, cloud security and application migration.
Our key 2013 accomplishments include:
- Delivered four major customer-focused whitepapers providing best practices and specific guidance on a number of critical cloud topics:
- Public Cloud Service Agreements: What to Expect and What to Negotiate
- Convergence of Social, Mobile and Cloud: 7 Steps to Ensure Success
- Cloud Security Standards: What to Expect & Negotiate
- Migrating Applications to the Cloud: Roadmap to Success
- Influenced the standards development process for new cloud standards by establishing two new Standards Development Organization (SDO) alliances:
- China Electronic Standardization Institute (CESI)
- ISO SC27 (focused on cloud security and privacy)
- Facilitated the exchange of real-world stories, practices, lessons and insights
- Held 15 webinars focused on a wide range of topics including OpenStack, TOSCA, Cloud Foundry, DevOps, etc.
- Launched the Big Data working group
- Added numerous new member companies (CSCC membership now over 450 companies) including Dell as a major sponsor and member of the CSCC steering committee
The CSCC has major plans for 2014 that will continue to further our mission and engage our client community:
- Launch the CSCC Membership Survey: Cloud Adoption Trends for 2014/2015
- Host the "Public Sector Cloud Summit" in Reston, VA on March 24
- Publish several new customer-focused whitepapers:
- Social Business in the Cloud
- Practical Guide to Big Data in the Cloud
- DevOps in the Cloud
- Plus others
- Deliver major updates to both the "Practical Guide to Cloud Computing" and "Practical Guide to Cloud SLA" whitepapers
- Publish Chinese translations of several of the CSCC whitepapers
- Establish liaison relationship with ISO SC38
We are excited about the many activities coming up for 2014. In particular, we anticipate a highly successful event, when we gather on March 24th in Reston, Virginia, for the "Public Sector Cloud Summit". We are looking forward to a great day of learning, lively discussion and networking. CSCC is bringing together public sector Cloud leaders to exchange information about current projects, future plans and prioritized requirements. Standards Development Groups and Cloud Providers will offer their opinions and experience related to Cloud technology; its demand and opportunities. Click here to learn more.
For CSCC membership or for any questions about the March summit, please contact Peggy Lohmann (email@example.com). We look forward to seeing you there!