This past summer, OMG conducted a survey to determine how much value our members are receiving from their OMG memberships. One of the most striking results of the survey indicated that nearly half of the members do not take advantage of the various marketing benefits that an OMG membership offers.
OMG member benefits are designed to give your organization the widest visibility in the market as well as position your organization as a leader in standards development. Some of the benefits available to members include:
- Free exhibit tables at TC meetings for Contributing, Domain and Platform members. All other members pay $250 (compared to non-members paying $1000). One Platform member who has taken advantage of this benefit is WebRatio which hosted a table at the September meeting in New Brunswick, NJ. To reserve a table at an upcoming meeting, visit the "Exhibit" page on the particular meeting's website. Click here to visit the "Exhibit" page for the upcoming Santa Clara, CA meeting.
- Exclusive discounts and other opportunities in the Member Opportunity Newsletter. Sent to all members via email every other Tuesday, the Member Opportunity Newsletter not only gives the latest news on OMG happenings, but includes a list of events and discounts that members can take advantage of. Interested in contributing your own discount to the newsletter? Email Meg Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exhibit your organization's standard implementation products in the OMG Vendor Directories. With individual directories for BPM, CORBA, DDS, MDA, Modernization, SysML, and UML, your organization's implementation of a specific OMG-adopted standard will be spotlighted for users. Influencing-level member, Change Vision, is listed in the UML Vendor Directory for astah -- a software editor that uses UML. Want to be listed as a specific standard-compliant vendor? Visit the individual vendor directories to hae your organization listed!
- Distribute collateral at TC meetings. At our last meeting in New Brunswick, NJ, OMG gold sponsor and Influencing-level member, Accelare, had collateral included on the OMG literature table near the front desk. Distributing collateral at TC meetings is a great way to get your organization's message to your fellow members and other TC attendees. To learn more about distributing collateral at an upcoming meeting, contact our Manager of Marketing Programs & Events, Mike Narducci, at email@example.com.
- Post events on the Member Events Calendar. Contributing-level member, IBM, has added its own personal events to the Member Events Calendar, such as the upcoming IBM Model Based Systems Engineering conference in Dallas, TX. Click here to submit your own organization's events to the Member Events Calendar.
- Post classes on the Training page. Tutorials and courses to introduce standards such as BPM, UML, and CORBA for both the novice and intermediate industry expert are listed on the Training page. Platform-level member, Remedy IT, has posted -- among other training courses -- an introduction to CORBA tutorial that explores the benefits of distributed objects; CORBA's role in developing distributed applications; and future development trends in CORBA. If your organization has training programs on OMG adopted standards, fill out this form to be listed on the Training page.
- Post OMG-adopted standards Success Stories, Whitepapers, and Case Studies. All specifications must prove they have an implementation plan in place before being adopted as an official OMG standard. By posting your organization's case studies, success stories and whitepapers, the weight and importance of each standard is emphasized even more. One member that has posted a number of whitepapers is SOFTEAM which has whitepapers on MDA and UML. Interested in sharing your organization's success stories and case studies? Email our PR specialist, Julie Pike, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Post member news and articles. There are many ways to get your organization's stories disseminated. OMG offers an additional way for you to reach your audience -- primarily a standard-interested audience. OMG Member News appear on the OMG homepage as well as a dedicated news page. OMG member, No Magic, has taken advantages of this benefit numerous times throughout the years -- most recently with its press release announcing a partnership with CACI. To submit your own news, fill out the Member News Submission Form.
- Request quotes from OMG executives for press releases. I have gladly lent my voice to many a member's press release. Most recently, I made an appearance in a CAST Software press release, explaining the importance of their use of the Automated Function Point specification in a product platform. To request a quote from either myself or one of my colleagues, please contact Julie (see #7 for contact details).
- Use OMG trademarks and logos. OMG has many registered trademarks and logos, which OMG members may request to use on their websites to show they are a part of the OMG community. Click here to request the use of OMG trademarks and logos.
The benefits mentioned above are just some of the benefits that an OMG membership includes. Learn about all the benefits available to you by visiting http://www.omg.org/memberbenefits and begin getting more value out of your OMG membership!